This can be split into 2 parts; what you will be expected to have for coaching, and what to expect from coaching.
1. What you will be expected to have for coaching:
– A headset
– PokerTracker/HEM (or similar tracking software)
– Time to play
– The ability to think and be open minded
2. What to expect from coaching:
– To gain a greater grasp on concepts
– Increased profitability
– Ability to plan through hands, hand read better, and bet-size
*Please do not expect to become a top-tier player overnight*
While every student comes with their own background, strengths, and weaknesses, it’s not plausible to believe that any player can become a top-tier player after one session (no coach can truthfully offer this). Coaching is a way to detect leaks, patch them up, and increase knowledge overtime. Now certain players will need less time than others to get to their “goal-level” (the level they wish to get to with the help of coaching), but 1 session usually is nowhere near enough. Be prepared to learn the intricacies of the game, increase knowledge in all areas, and become a winning full-ring player!
If you have any questions, or wish to set-up a coaching session, please feel free to email me at SplitSuit@gmail.com.