Finding Poker Leaks In The Database Video
This video goes through one of my student’s databases and finds a huge number of leaks. Learn how to use your poker database program & fix some of your own leaks with this powerful poker video.
Do you have a poker database, but find yourself unable to find leaks? Do you know how to run basic filters, advanced filters, and/or understand how to analyze stats? If you answered ‘no’ to any of these questions, this video is a must! “LeakFinder: 100NL Database Review” is a 42 minute long video that reviews a full ring poker database from one of my students (and finds over $1500 worth of leaks!). I carefully dissect this entire database, looking for basic and advanced leaks, and discuss which filters I am running to find normal problem areas. Watch a snippet of the video below:
This hi-def video (yup, 720p!) is jam-packed with everything you need to improve your database knowledge and leak finding skillset. For instance, if you run a filter for “did cold call = true”…do you know how to read that information? Do you know how to dig down deeper and really find every area of leakage? Here is the table of contents so you know what you are getting with this database strategy video:
- General poker stats & report (which stats I use and what we can glean from them)
- Position stats & report (understanding positional ramp and blind loss rates)
- Cold Calling (understanding the filter, ranges, and common leak areas)
- Bluff 4betting (where to add them, delete them, and analyzing spots)
- Calling 3bets (in position, out of position, and trimming the fat!)
- Open Raising (we found almost $1,000 worth of leaks here…)
- 3betting (running basic and advanced filters to trim -ev spots and add +ev spots)
- Allin Preflop (how to dig down based upon effective stacks and common ranges)
Leak finding is actually quite easy once you know what to look for, and this video shows you exactly that! Even in situations where this student was performing way above-average, I explained what normal results might look like and how to understand them and patch leaks. I would suggest watching this video while going through your own database at the same time, and analyzing your own results while finding your own problem areas. In this video we would have improved HERO’s winrate by over 50% if he patched all the leaks we found…what do you think we could do to your database!?
(This video reviewed a full ring 100NL Database played primarily at RUSH cash games. The information is still relevant for normal poker games, but would need some adjustment for 6max games due to the numbers and conceptual ideas (such as stacking of AK/QQ preflop) being different in certain spots. This video also used Holdem Manager, but is usable with any poker database program that allows you to run filters and customize reports)